Where can I get one of THESE???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Unckle_Fun_Knuckles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
Hey guys,
What kind of dish mount is this? I love the threaded rod for adjusting. Can one buy one of these??
FC120CM-Sample-Stab.JPG

I have an old Primestar that has something similar on it. Not as long as the one in your pic but it is there to fine tune the aiming of the dish.

This is very old designed dish made in Taiwan and Korea, primary for 36" and up dishes. THe tread screw, once tighten, it make the dish very stable for reception, far better then the current designed dish. I found this dish still in some long time customers home, man, it is heavy.

We don't have this mount anymore :-(

I will check for you if we can get it. I will do my best. In fact, this was my favorite mount and the dish you see in the picture was in my backyard.

The threaded rod adjustment looks similar to what I often see on 1.2 meter and larger VSAT dishes... and it is similar in principle, although not exactly the same, to what is found inside the AZ-EL mount on 1 and 1.2 meter Channel Masters (those use a hex bolt on top of the AZ-EL mount which you turn either way with a socket wrench to accurately set your elevation...

This is a heavier duty version used on the Patriot 1.2 meter dish.

Attachments

• 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 195
  • 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 204
Unckle_Fun_Knuckles said:
Hey guys,
What kind of dish mount is this? I love the threaded rod for adjusting. Can one buy one of these??
FC120CM-Sample-Stab.JPG
that looks like an italian STAB mount. I had this one 2 years ago.
Take a look at european ebay sites or shops in Europe.
But there is a better mount on the market: SG2100A (Moteck). I'm using this mount today with my Gibertini dish (also from Italy)

That type of elevation mount is what's on the 75e StarChoice dish.

Makes it real easy to tune.....one hand :)

I would like to find a devide that will allow us to clamp to any size pole and usable on any type or dish. The Sony DirecTv 18 inch dish was the only type of dish that I know of that worked this way that came from either of the DBS companies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What sat am I on?

Java app for satellite location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)