When Will Dish Authorize Use Of 522???

drizler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
I heard that Dish was going to start authorizing use of 522 for existing customers. The catch I heard was that they will authorize for many existing customers now but you have to get authorization first as the disclaimers say on all the recievers sold on Ebay ect. Well long story short I called and spelled it all out and they said that they weren't selling or leasing them as yet but if I bought one I could use it. This done I was due for my renewal and after hooking it up and having trouble getting it working the tec finally stumbled on the fact that I can't use it due to my former 301 installation.
Ok so what gives with these folks? Needless to say I am not happy, especially since I did all my homework and was willing to do the upgrade to the double dish ect. Thats where I stand at the moment with a reciever I just bought and can't use due to their screw up and me holding the bag. The tec rep said that she couldn't guess when they will start authorizing these units as they haven't announced it to them as yet. So what am I up against here? Any suggestions or experiences someone wants to share :no

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us

You need to use the search function there are TONS of post about this.
Any ways check out THIS thread it might help you out. ;)

Emailing Dishceo did the trick thanks!!!

I wrote up a nice letter explaining what I wrote in my first post and sent it All I really wanted was for them to "throw me a bone here and let me know if it was worth waiting or toss it on ebay and cut my losses. I walked into the kitchen and 2 minutes later I had a phone call from Kristin . She set me up then and there and I couldn't be happier. Thats service I have only seen a couple times in the last 30 years, wow. My hat is off to DISH. Thanks for pointing me to that 11/05 post that sent me in that direction.

She was very good for me to work with as well!

I assume she isn't the only one there, but she has great customer service skills and I am sure they don't pay her enough. :)

Brad

NBR is coming for 501 508 511??

NBR for 721

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)