When did I start D*?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Barney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Kyle in Republic of Texas
I have called D*, their records go back to when I had my round dish w/2/LNB's intalled on my home in 2001. I wanted to know when I started (they told me to leave my old dish at my old house & shipped the dish & did the install at my new house). They have no record of my old account at my old house (gave them the old address & phone #). Must have been deleted. At my old house I remember when whe D* offered 5.1 DD output on their receivers (1998?). I ordered from Radio Shack (checked with them also, no record) an RCA DRD480RE w/optical output. I remember the D* installer had never heard they had DD output yet & was surprised when he saw my RCA unit. By the way, this RCA is still used in my bedroom & its still working great. I have sent RCA an email with model# & serial# for a production date (just has 19 and a bar code-made in Mexico & by Thompson-been waiting over a week). D* CS has no idea when D* offered DD audio. I just would like to know how long I have enjoyed D*? About a year ago I got a new card for my "old" RCA from D*......even that info doesn't help (I cut-up the old card). Anyone remember when D* first offered DD? Thanks.

Barney

not 100% Sure - But!

I do know directv had them in the late 1990's.

I work for a DirecTV retailer - and I remember having a Sony Sat (B) that had Dolby Digital support - (I may be wrong on the model #) This was around 1997/1998 - and there were some movies on HBO/STARZ/Cinemax at the time that had DD (very very few though)

frank

I have an old Sony SAT-A1, A2, and A4 that have all since been replaced. (Too bad) Only Sony's 'A' series had DD starting with generation 2 and they were the 1st retail units with DD output. Later that year nearly every other maker rushed out a DD version. I got my A2 in the spring of 1996 as they were being released to some VERY early D* customers that already had the A1 (the exact IRD w/o DD). It was some kind of pioneer program.

You guys are great. Last night I found my receit for my Marantz SR880 receiver. I got D* right after that....1998. I do remember that I would get all excited when HBO would have a movie (few & far between) with DD. It was by-by Time Warner Cable......never have looked back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wondering why I went to V* after switching back to D*??

DTV locals