Whats On Telstar 10 76.5W & Telstar 10/C 76.6W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Today I noticed Telstar 10 76.5W and Telstar10/C are on my ViewSat Satellite List, but there is NO Listing in LyngSat as to what is on these Sats? I also cannot scan them in to find out whats on these Birds. Does anyone know what is on these Sats and why there is no Satellite or Channel list for these Telestar Satellites on Lyngsat?

Today I noticed Telstar 10 76.5W and Telstar10/C are on my ViewSat Satellite List, but there is NO Listing in LyngSat as to what is on these Sats? I also cannot scan them in to find out whats on these Birds. Does anyone know what is on these Sats and why there is no Satellite or Channel list for these Telestar Satellites on Lyngsat?

Out of curiosity more than anything, I went to Lyngsat and pulled up Telestar 10 at 76.5 E. There is a ton of programming listed there for both C-band and Ku and they showed 40 channels total in the clear. Maybe you had some sort of internet glitch, try it again.

East vs West

I made the same mistake, Determined.
...and made a comical post about how quickly I'd found the link on Lyngsat...

Then when VoomVoom posted after me, I read his comment, and removed my post. :rolleyes:

Whats On Telstar 76.5E

jsattv, in case you haven't figured it out yet, it's at 76.5E and not at 76.5W.

Al

Thanks for the info. Are there more Sats listed as East? Since in my Sat List for my Receiver these would appear to be the only ones with an East listing.

I made the same mistake, Determined.
...and made a comical post about how quickly I'd found the link on Lyngsat...

Then when VoomVoom posted after me, I read his comment, and removed my post. :rolleyes:

I went to Lyngsat and found Telstar 10 at 76.5 degrees EAST longitude as I said in my post. I had read VoomVoom's post before looking for Telestar 10. I did not make the east - west mistake, is there another that I'm missing?

http://www.lyngsat.com/t10.html

is where I went.

Whats On Telstar 10 76.5E

Here are some charts:

61°W-160°W

0°W-61°W

73°E-0°E

160°W-73°E

Additional Resource HERE

Thanks for the detailed info Charper 1. I'll be the first to admit that I am new to this satellite scanning with my Dish and Motor, (I've been successful acquiring about 6 West Sats so far), but when I try to I try to Scan in Telstar 76.5E in my ViewSat USALS it comes back with: "Range Overflow Check Position"?? What am I doing wrong? Why can I not acquire this East Satellite?

Thanks for the detailed info Charper 1. I'll be the first to admit that I am new to this satellite scanning with my Dish and Motor, (I've been successful acquiring about 6 West Sats so far), but when I try to I try to Scan in Telstar 76.5E in my ViewSat USALS it comes back with: "Range Overflow Check Position"?? What am I doing wrong? Why can I not acquire this East Satellite?

Where is your exact location? As alluded to above you can only "see" what is sending signal to your area; in the ConUS this is typically 61°W-160°W.

Not anything in the east or much under the 60°W or over the 161°W - depending on where you are.

jsattv, from my location (84.0w), I'm able to get from Hispasat @ 30.0w to IA7 @ 129.0w, with no problems. I'm using a Stab HH90 with USALS on an 80cm dish and a Stab HH120 with USALS on a 1.2m dish. Both will go further west than IA7, but there's no ku for them that I can find. I've tried to get 148.0w a couple of times, with no luck. The Stab motors go about 55-60 degrees in one direction with USALS, from your true south location. I'm told I could go further with 1.2 settings, but I haven't tried them. I've read the SG2100 will go 70 degrees in one direction with USALS, but I don't have an SG2100 to confirm that. If you know your true south location, this might give you an idea how far to look? Good Luck!

Al

Thanks guys for the helpful comments. Sorry about the dumb questions but I'm still learning and just started setting up my 1 meter Fortec Star dish with Stab HH120 Motor and Invacom LNB here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada about 2 weeks ago. I now know and will use the Lyngsat Satellite listings for North America which are just for the West Satellites? Got about 10 Sats dialed in now, with IntelSat 97.0W as one of the most interesting Birds. I think my Fortec dish elevation needs a slight tweak up since the Q levels on IntelSat 97.0 W seem a bit low, but even so I've got all approx 180 channels on this Sat which is my due South Satellite. But no way will I be going up on the roof any time soon as we just had a 20 inch snowfall on Dec 31, and today we had freezing rain.

Also if I can ask, where or how do you post what equipment you have installed on this great Web Site?

CONGRATS! And yes, stay inside! LOL!

Go into your user control panel link (USER CP) and under the "Settings & Options" header select the "Edit Signature" link and fill out in the signature area. Be sure to reduce the font size and adhere to the 3 line max rule. The click the "Save Signature" button at the bottom. It will then show in all your posts, new and previous.

Maybe it would help if someone would mention that the sats listed with with .E are EAST of the Prime Meridian ( 0 degrees) and visible only to Europe and the Middle East. Lyngsat lists everything and that can be confusing. And most FTA boxes will include those sats in their lists because they are marketed in those areas as well as in this part of the world.
grusome

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DvbDream: How to edit channel list?

Problem getting IA5 channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts