what version in new install of 811 ?

JH1949

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Corvette City
I will be switching from Voom to E* on May 2 with a lease of an 811. Will it come automatically loaded with 287 ? What if I delay until June instead - will that improve the chance of already being loaded with 287 ?

Yeah, now you have to go through the first week jitters of fixing it from pulling a BSOD every thirty minutes :(

As long as it works reasonably well on SD satellite channels in SD mode I won't be getting any angry phone calls at work from my wife and kids. The only problems I have experienced so far seem to be related to OTA channels, and switching back and forth between them and HD satellite channels.

dlsnyder said:
As long as it works reasonably well on SD satellite channels in SD mode I won't be getting any angry phone calls at work from my wife and kids. The only problems I have experienced so far seem to be related to OTA channels, and switching back and forth between them and HD satellite channels.
I'm getting flashbacks to P2.82. :(

My experience with P287 is overall positive. The expanded Sys Info, while not something you'd use every day, is very nice, as you can check on all the User Parameters in one place instead of navigating through the menu tree. But the best part is the EPG search! When I want to find the Cubs game, it's as simple as "*", "Clear", "C", "U", "B", "S", & "Search".

Of course, having used that as an example, the Cubs game appears to be rained out :( , and the White Sox are on in their place :rolleyes: ...

What is Costco Return Policy on 921

Weird guide issue, missing programs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)