What kind of splitter do I need to add an additonal HD DVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aflott

Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Boston, MA
DirecTV installed a new dish. I'm not exactly sure what model it is, but it does have two coax cables coming from the back and into my receiver (HR23). I have an additional receiver (HR22) that I want to use. I'd rather use 2 splitters from inside the house than run any more cables outside. What are my options? Do I need a splitter that can handle the HD frequencies? Do most electronics stores (Bestbuy, etc) carry such a thing?

DirecTV installed a new dish. I'm not exactly sure what model it is, but it does have two coax cables coming from the back and into my receiver (HR23). I have an additional receiver (HR22) that I want to use. I'd rather use 2 splitters from inside the house than run any more cables outside. What are my options? Do I need a splitter that can handle the HD frequencies? Do most electronics stores (Bestbuy, etc) carry such a thing?
You cannot split them. You'll need four wires from the dish. If it's just two rec'vers then you'll not need a switch. If it's an HD dish (which it must be with the HR23) I'm kinda surprised that the tech only ran two wires. I guess that's all you said you needed (1 rec'ver.) HTH:cool:

I currently have an HR22 with an SWM dish. The house was prewired 14 years ago with 2 coax for two outlets. The SWM sends 2 tuner sat signals toward each outlet. No additional wiring required.:D

if two (1 dual cable) lines are coming down from the dish and you have two lines going to the back of your hd dvr you need to have an additional two lines run down from the dish for a total of 4 (2 dual lines) if you do that and you plan no additional upgrades you do not need to have what is called a multiswitch, dont think about getting swm it would be a waste of money for the most part when all you need is coaxial cable and probably a quad ground block

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New D11 500 rcvr

New customer, having problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)