What is the best way to get Direct tv to do what it promises?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmpope

Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Miami, Fl.
On the phone for almost 4 hours trying to get my on demand working and bring my bill down. The installers who came here twice said on demand couldn't be done since I have a mac express for wireless. Also my bill is crazy, I could get comcast for almost $100 less a month and have on demand. Now I don't have showtime and starz. I think the last woman did that deliberately. The first 2 women were great- the third not nice. I told them often I want to keep HBO and Showtime for sure. My call was dropped 3 times so spoke to a few different emplyees- that didn't help. 4 hours and I came out way worse! I've been with them for many years, really don't want to switch, looks like they are doing their best to get me out the door.

I need to talk to a higher authority!:mad: any suggestions? please--

by mac express, do you mean you have an apple airport router? if so, that rings of BS that they can't do it because that is your router. i know for a fact you can connect a receiver to that router

Your first line above said you want to lower your bill.
Well, you did ...

Dropping off Premium channels is always a way to do that.
What all Movie channels do you have ?
If you have them all, do you watch them all enough to make it worth the money ?
Whittle it down to one or two and drop the rest.

If you want HBO and Showtime, turn them on and turn the rest off, this saves you about $13 per channel.

No DirecTV receiver has built-in wifi. So any solution is going to cost more money for additional wiring or network hardware. If you've told them you aren't willing to spend any more money, then that may be why they told you it wasn't possible.

If you want to get your freebies back, you'll just have to keep playing CSR roulette. If you want longer term savings and easier/better On Demand access, then you should go ahead and switch to cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Signal strength and goose eggs

The 2nd year of a contract

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts