What is it with "The Event"

mojoe4

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Denver CO
This is the second week in a row my 922 has not recorded The Event. Each time this has happened I have been watch something prerecorded on the DVR. When 8pm rolls around and it should start recording, the program I am watching on the DVR freaks out... the screen turns black, I can't fast forward or rewind. I have to stop the program I am watching and restart it, and The Event isn't being recorded.
This doesn't happen with any other show just this one.

Anyone else have this issue.

I had this happen to me the other night as i was watching Dexter from the DVR. Ice Road Truckers deadliest roads was firing and it locked up the dexter show, stopped it and then tried the IRT show after i finished dexter but it was corrupted. i have lost an episode of the event as well two weeks ago as well as the big bang theory. i suspect it has something to do with a show going off recording and starting another to be recorded. it's a PITA for sure.

I recommend that in order to avoid shows not recording in prime time , that you do a hard reboot : unplug the receiver and plug back in . I do this every day at 6:30pm and when I do this , I don't miss any shows .

Maybe your DVR has an artificial intelligence, and just doesn't want to watch that show. :) :D

Seriously, no idea. Can you try to record an OTA version of it as an alternative.

Have you deleted the timer and re-created it?

Dish give cancellation fee rebates for new customers?

Dish Network Self Install, Contracts etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)