Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I tried to help someone that has an HR-24 receiver and an old RCA receiver that is 10 or so years old. The HR-24 has a B-Band converter attached and the old RCA receiver doesnt. When the HR-24 coax cable is attached then the old RCA receiver only receives odd transponders. The dish is a slimline SL5 non-swm model. What could be causing this? I checked all connections and they are good.

I thought that an HR-24 didn't need the converter? The older receiver might need it.
Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

I thought that an HR-24 didn't need the converter? The older receiver might need it.
Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
No it's the other way around the HR24 needs BBC's while the old SD receiver don't, unless it's HR23 which have BBC built in
I'll call Directv although they'll probably want to switch out the RCA with a D12 receiver.

I'm having trouble understanding your post... when you connect coax to the rca does it cause the hr24 to only receive odd xpndrs? Or is the rca only receiving odd xpndrs...

It is most likely going to be a problem with cabling or fittings somewhere in the system. But yes the rca should be swapped for a d12. Just call in a service call.

I'm having trouble understanding your post... when you connect coax to the rca does it cause the hr24 to only receive odd xpndrs? Or is the rca only receiving odd xpndrs...

It is most likely going to be a problem with cabling or fittings somewhere in the system. But yes the rca should be swapped for a d12. Just call in a service call.
The way I read it is that the RCA is only getting odd signals.
I'm thinking that the RCA is sooo old that it may not have enough power to run in the newer systems.
Remember when the older recvrs were taken out of the system due to no longer getting guide info, also probably part of the mpeg 2/4 change out at the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Is H21 power supply the same as the HR23 one?

Directv won't install due to trees. Help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)