Watching TV2. I don't even know where to begin.

rayflstf

Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
Valley Park, Missouri
I have the 922 in the family room with the big tv, and an old 4x3 set in the bedroom. If I want to watch tv in the bedroom, and now use the 922 to send the signal when in dual mode, will it only come up to the tv in standard size regardless of the signal being in hd, or will a hd show come to the upstairs tv in hd? And if I want to do this, what kind of cable is used, and where do you plug it in on the back of the 922 to send the signal upstairs? And, will this allow me to watch recorded shows on the bedroom tv?

Yes to almost every question, I think. You have to run coax cable from the yellow port on the back of the 922 to your second tv. You also have to somehow get another 922 remote. If you tune to a hd picture on your second set it won't be hd but you will get a better picture
I think because it will be in 16x9 aspect ratio.

If it is like the 622/722 you can control the aspect ratio via the remote. You can do 16x9 letter box or zoom the center of HD channels to get 4:3 (good for shows in 4:3 on HD anyways). But, yes the channel is SD, but the HD channels down coverted to SD look a lot better than the SD channels.

Yes to almost every question, I think. You have to run coax cable from the yellow port on the back of the 922 to your second tv. You also have to somehow get another 922 remote. If you tune to a hd picture on your second set it won't be hd but you will get a better picture
I think because it will be in 16x9 aspect ratio.

Does the 922 use the 21.0 remote? Thanks!

Ed

If I undertand correctly, there is no way to get an HD signal to a 2nd HDTV with only one Dish DVR, correct? Not even using 'sling'.

Well if you have an HTPC on the second TV it could get the HD sling. It is possible, but you could pay many months of extra receiver fees for an HD box for the second TV for the price of a HTPC.

Just a reminder, using the 21.0 remote, you need to remove the tab and turn it to TV1, then open the battery compartment and move the switch to IR. I spent a while not knowing why I could not snyc the remote, then duh, opened the compartment. The Dish universal remotes are converted by just inserting the tab to green or blue as needed.

Question about returning equipment

can you program a 21.0 remote for a tv 2 to a 922?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)