Was Jemaine Clement the 'Film Guy' in those Voom vignettes?

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
So I just watched an episode of "Flight of the Conchords" on DVD (love this show, such a great vibe/style).

I may be crazy, but I think that Jemaine Clement, the taller spectacled one of the comedy/musical duo, was the actor who played the dryly comic "film expert" in those interstitial vignettes they used to air on a couple of the original Voom channels. It was the guy who wandered about Manhattan w/ a cameraman opining about cinema in a silly suit. I SWEAR it was Jemaine, w/ the same funky glasses, broad sideburns and accent.

Can anyone verify/clarify this? I've been all over YouTube, IMBD, Wikipedia and Google and haven't turned up any confirmation on this so far.

So I just watched an episode of "Flight of the Conchords" on DVD (love this show, such a great vibe/style).

I may be crazy, but I think that Jemaine Clement, the taller spectacled one of the comedy/musical duo, was the actor who played the dryly comic "film expert" in those interstitial vignettes they used to air on a couple of the original Voom channels. It was the guy who wandered about Manhattan w/ a cameraman opining about cinema in a silly suit. I SWEAR it was Jemaine, w/ the same funky glasses, broad sideburns and accent.

Can anyone verify/clarify this? I've been all over YouTube, IMBD, Wikipedia and Google and haven't turned up any confirmation on this so far.
Just came across your thread...I think that's him, but I cannot confirm since I don't have HBO.

Smash Lab - Not-so-smashing

How Lame can Fx HD be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)