Wanting to purchase a Viewstat2000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BuzzardLips

Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
I'm totally new to this and after doing some research I stumbled upon this forum.which has been very informative!

I hope you guys can help out.

I currently have Dishnet. I want to switch and purchase a Viewsat 2000. What is the best way? Should I (or do I) need to purchase another dish or can I use my Dishnet one? Can I just purchase the receiver? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!!

You need a 30 inch (or larger) dish for most FTA satellites. You'll get a few ITC (in the clear) channels on Dish with your 20" dish, for example: NASA, Angel, and some music channels.

As far as the receiver is concerned, I'm not familiar with the Viewsat, maybe someone else will chime in. Its best to get one with blind scan and USALS (USALS will move a motor if you choose to motorize your dish).

welcome :wave

the Dish Network dish won't get ya much..NASA, Angel One, Gol TV, the music channels

You really need at least a 30" dish and a KU band LNB. A motor can be added to scan the skies and cherry pick from each satellite :)

I learned to type fast as I was getting followed round by a stalker :)

Not so easy for them to stalk members now :D

Thanks Guys! I'm researching this for my husband and his friend. They do not know anything about the satellite stuff and I'm not the brightest!! From reading this forum I'm learning A LOT!!

Iceberg said:
OT: Tron, its nice to have ya back :)

Thanks! I'll try to stick around longer this time :) Things just get so busy with everything here, and sometimes I can't get online for a few days or more. But things are getting better slowly, week by week....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ia-8

Which 1 to Pick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)