Wally software update W573

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
This one caught me by surprise. I was watching TV and a heavy rainstorm blew in with the accompanying rain fade message box only this time it was way different. It gave the usual lost signal message but instead of just offering going to the DVR as a viewing option this time it offered streaming as an option. It basically said I could continue to watch the show via streaming by selecting the streaming option (didn't know there was one). There was also a checkbox for defaulting it to always go to streaming during a lost signal. Having never seen that before I went right to the menu and checked the version. Yep, new version W573. So of course I immediately went to check my pet peeve, the jump forward/back buttons on the DVR. Hot diggity it seems they actually work correctly! There may be other changes that only time will unveil but so far I like what I'm seeing. :thumbup

Well, great, that sounds like an awesome feature to have. I wish I knew that was available before I replaced the 211 that flaked out with the 211k instead of the Wally.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, great, that sounds like an awesome feature to have. I wish I knew that was available before I replaced the 211 that flaked out with the 211k instead of the Wally.
Just keep in mind that, if you went with the Wally, you would lose anything you had on your EHD as well as you would need an OTA adapter if you have an OTA antenna.

On Demand Program List

Hopper Grounding ... Cheater Plug