Wall Mount for Motorized FTA System

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satcustomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
California
Just another follow-up question to my plumb question from the other day...

When mounting the dish to the STAB HH90 Motor and then while securing the bracket onto the to the 1 5/8" diameter tube (it's the UnivMount II Universal Dish Roof/Wall Mount from Sadoun.com), I've noticed that the tube has sort of gotten bent (in other words, if you looked straight down from the top of the tube, you'd see that it's a little bent). The bracket is level once secured to the tube, however.

Is this common that the tube bends in a little when attaching the bracket to it and should this cause any signal problems? Would using a Dish Network or Directv tube work (are they the same diameter or is that irrelevant)? Any suggestions?

Do you mean the tube is squished slightly?

If so its not big deal and may actually help keep the dish/motor in place and stop them from rotating on the tube!

Yes, the tube is squished slightly. Where exactly on the tube/mount to I check to see if everything is plumb? Is it the top of the tube? Is it the top of the motor bracket? Where else?

I put a level across the top, in two directions! That should be good enough!

I also use a round bubble level that comes with DirecTV Phase III dish! VERY handy! If you know a DirecTV installer he will have butt load kicking about the back of the truck!

Attachments

• mountpole.gif
    mountpole.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 181
Status
Please reply by conversation.

If You Could Start Over...

DVB World USB HDTV HELP!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)