VOOM AIRS "SMART TRAVEL" SERIES ON EQUATOR

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
I was surfing the guide this morning and noticed that SMART TRAVEL is now on EQUATOR. This is one of the best produced HD travel series I have seen and previously it was on PBS. Today they are featuring Italy in two hour long programs.

You know what's kind of funny? Voom is picking up many shows & movies that have recently aired on HDNET. Now if only they would pick up Bikini Destinations, Hotlines and Get Out! I could cancel Dish.

DarrellP said:
You know what's kind of funny? Voom is picking up many shows & movies that have recently aired on HDNET. Now if only they would pick up Bikini Destinations, Hotlines and Get Out! I could cancel Dish.
It is not just HDNet. Smart Travels has been playing in HD on the local PBS station here for a long time. I agree though Bikini Destinations would be a pleasant addition.

I watched EquatorHD last night (don't faint) and here's my assessment: On the closeup or static closeup shots, there was very little noise, in fact, no noise on SOME shots, but once they backed up and showed a wide field shot with lots of grass and leaves moving (Elsewhere), the mosquito noise came to life bigtime. That right there tells me they are starving the channel of bandwidth.

FWIW, the channel looks 100 times better than it did at startup but it still has a long way to go. Also, the contrast was set to torch mode on Smart Travels, the blacks were way too black and the whites were way too bright.

Elsewhere with the tigers was awesome, I would really like to see this show with more bandwidth as it was a spectacular program, especially when the tiger was eating the deer (yuck!).

Thanks Voom for making it watchable, but it still has a ways to go to be a Regular for me.

Fleetwood Mac looked incredible (save for Stevie Nicks, what a pig she is now) on Rave, very little noise.

Fleetwood Mac is actually a good show, I guess they are better when playing in front of an audience. The Cindi Lauper concert was painful, still RAve consistently looks better along with HDNews with moving content.

Hawaii show on NBC HD

A Hard Day's Night Is On Again Friday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)