VIP722k 1080p upconversion possible?

Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but DVD even upscaled is not 1080p!

This is very out of context since I was. Responding to a post that appeared two pages ago...

That is correct,but the idea to upconvert to 1080p from 1080i inside the 722k would give a little better resolution and I would imagine it would be 1080p60.1080p24 would be nice but the way I figure it it will be accessible on Bluray only.

When I select HDMI Auto on my Insignia Bluray player the player and Vizio HDTV talk to each other to decide which resolution to use.With regular DVDs it plays 1080i,which is very respectable since with my 722k that's what I watch all my satellite and OTA channels in.That will save me money because I won't have to replace all my DVDs with Bluray,only the ones we watch the most.

But Bluray is always 1080p24 even in HDMI Auto.:)

It would be nice to be able to watch my Dish Network's HD channels in 1080p,but until then 1080i is very acceptable.;)

If you have a1080p tv then it is already upconverting the 1080i for you. And 1080p60 has no more resolution than 1080p24 since movies are shot at 24p. Converting to 60p adds pulldown judder.

On my 55" screen I can see the difference and it's quite noticeable.The colors in the picture in 1080p are a deeper color,the faces and objects even more defined.I can tell the differences quite easily.Even more easily with POP or side by side picture out of picture when I select that feature on my HDTV.But that should be the right way it should be as when the picture is interlaced you only see half the picture,where progressive is the full picture when viewed.:)

On a smaller screen it would be less noticeable.

Any color difference you see is probably due to the conversion process. The only difference you should be able to see is a sawtooth pattern on the edges of items with fast horizontal motion.

could this ever be done??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)