VIP 722k IR remote is weak...options? UHF?

David Taylor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
Guys,

I recently got a VIP 722K DVR receiver. Great product. The only complaint I have is that the TV1 IR remote is *weak*--at least the way I have things set up. The TV2 UHF receiver works great.

My receiver is in an entertainment center and is behind glass. It seems like I have to point my remote *directly* at the front of the receiver--even having my foot slightly in the way makes it not work. Basically, I wish it worked like the UHF remotes on my other receiver.

Is it possible to purchase a UHF remote and have it work with TV1 while still having the UHF remote work with TV2?

Thanks in advance.

If you have an LCD TV, try turning off back-lighting and/or auto room light controls. They can interfere with the IR remote.

You can buy a 21.0 learning remote (like your TV2 remote) which would allow TV1 control by UHF.

As KAB pointed out, it could be an LCD display interference, but that usually only happens at the first 15 or so minutes and all should work well from there, even if the back-light is set very high.

However, if you still have problems, then to answer you question, YES, you can purchase (about $20) a DISH UHF remote that will access the TV1 via UHF and not interfere with your TV 2 UHF remote. I have one myself just for the ease of access in one spot. Band A should do the trick, but if for some reason it does not, Band B is stronger. The Dish Store here sells them. If you do this, it is a very simple procedure to activate your TV1 RF remote by following the enclosed instructions. Best of luck.

If you did the upgrade recently, or have the service plan, the remote is considered in warranty and we may be able to get you a replacement UHF remote for free. Send me a PM with account info and I can get the details for you.

Dish Network Remote Codes for programming other devices

Dish Remote Access: Can I rename and/or move recordings?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)