VIP 722k and network connection problem

hvarma2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Johnston, IA
I have a dsl modem and wireless router from Qwest.
I placed the modem/router next to the VIP722k and connected it with a ethernet cable. When I turn on the receiver and start watching TV, the modem loses it's internet connectivity and none of my computers can connect to the internet. If I unplug the ethernet cable, the internet connectivity is back to normal. Has anyone experienced this before? Can I contact DISH with this problem? Or do I have the risk of them telling me it is a Qwest issue and not DISH? Or is it?

-Hemant

I've seen this with a phone line before (kills home phone when hooked up), but never ethernet. When it was the receiver causing the phone to go dead, we always tried to unplug the receiver (hard reset) for 10 seconds with the ethernet disconnected. Plug the receiver back in, let it reboot, and reconnect the ethernet. If this doesn't do it, try a different ethernet cable (if possible), or another port on your router. If it still points to the receiver after this, sounds like it would need to be replaced (which is what we did with phone line issues).

Are your computers connected to the router by wireless or are you using ethernet connections for them also? If wireless connections only then try connecting one of your computers directly to the router and see if it causes the same problem. If yes then you need to make some adjustments to your router's settings.

Jim

NO MORE MSG/MSG +

Ongoing Remote Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)