vip 612 acting up

whatusernamesareleft

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Wisconsin
This is the 2nd time with problems. Last monday the thing completely froze up when 2 recordings started. Then just before 7pm today it loses signal and trys to run on the same sat and transponder as the 211k. I thought I had finally gotten it to go when it was to the download guide info and it froze up on that. I reset it and its stuck on the 5 of 5 thing. I am fed up with this receiver!
Just as of now 5 minutes went past and the download guide data hasnt done a thing, basically wont move past that part.

I have pulled the plug 2 times and pushed the reset button 2 times also. Forgot to mention that up there.

Last edited:
This is the 2nd time with problems. Last monday the thing completely froze up when 2 recordings started. Then just before 7pm today it loses signal and trys to run on the same sat and transponder as the 211k. I thought I had finally gotten it to go when it was to the download guide info and it froze up on that. I reset it and its stuck on the 5 of 5 thing. I am fed up with this receiver!
Just as of now 5 minutes went past and the download guide data hasnt done a thing.

I have pulled the plug 2 times and pushed the reset button 2 times also. Forgot to mention that up there.
Dish Network is having system wide signal issues right now and it may be the cause of your troubles. I would advice waiting till we get the issues resolved on our side and then we can check out the VIP612 and see what is going on! I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you.

another 61.5 channel move post :D

OTA signal always lost when Satellite signal is lost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)