VIP 211k in 2024?

CLASSICDIRECTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2022
Shreveport Louisiana USA
How much monthly is a 211k? I know dishes site says it’s 7 but people in the past have said it’s 5$, also do they still activate them? How much is it to activate dvr on them? Lastly is there a way I can get it to work on my hybrid dish that has a hopper on it ? Or should I just use my other normal dpp 1000.2? Also is there any downsides to the 211k other than it not being a hopper/joey?

How much monthly is a 211k? I know dishes site says it’s 7 but people in the past have said it’s 5$, also do they still activate them? How much is it to activate dvr on them? Lastly is there a way I can get it to work on my hybrid dish that has a hopper on it ? Or should I just use my other normal dpp 1000.2? Also is there any downsides to the 211k other than it not being a hopper/joey?
You can use it with your dpp 1000.2. As far as cost, your first receiver is no charge then each additional 211 would be $7 if leased or $5 of purchased.

And 211ks are still good receivers. No spinning hard drive to worry about. Honestly the 211k and specifically the k version is probably the most reliable receiver that you can still use. The regular 211 is still still fine as well as the 211z but the 211k has proven itself much more than the other variants. Only downside compared to wally is the interface and no built in apps.

Customer service will always try to get you to upgrade but as far as signal goes it's the same mpeg4 signal the hoppers and wallys receive. So they aren't ever going to just stop working unless they change the signal type which would also kill off the entire existing lineup. And satellite TV will probably be dead before that happens.

Recent quality problems with local Twin Cities PBS tpt channel 2

Dish Anywhere on Apple TV