viewing CoolSat 5000 Favorites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tif

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
Northeastern US
There is probably a simple way to access the favorites on the CoolSat 5000 but it seems to have eluded me. I've set up a favorites list and saved it, but can't figure out how to bring the list up using the remote.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Tif

Tif,

It's been a long time, but I am sure that when you bring up your satellite list (to select which sat to view channels from) if you scroll down through that list, the favorite groups will be listed as if they were specific satellites. Should be at the bottom of the list (satellites listed in order first, followed by the fav groups). Highlight the fav list you made and open it up just as you would an ordinary single satellite.

RADAR

Dang I dont even remember using a favorites list...maybe have to see where that is int he menus

Same here ICE.

I started out using the favorite groups, but then I got so involved in searching for feeds and new channels that I kinda forgot about using the FAV GROUPS that I had created.
I found that I did the same with both the Coolsat and the AZBox. It was really sweet when I was using an array of fixed point dishes, but when I went motorized, I kinda hated waiting for the dish to move from one channel on one sat to another channel on another sat. I ended up staying on one satellite and checking out all the channels there, then moving to another sat rather than jumping all over the horizon.

RADAR

Tif,

It's been a long time, but I am sure that when you bring up your satellite list (to select which sat to view channels from) if you scroll down through that list, the favorite groups will be listed as if they were specific satellites. Should be at the bottom of the list (satellites listed in order first, followed by the fav groups). Highlight the fav list you made and open it up just as you would an ordinary single satellite.

RADAR

Yep, that's how I use it. You have to tag the channels to assign them to a group. All my news channels are in the news group for easy access. Wifey likes it as she can't remember the what bird transmits what. The group makes it easy for her.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SG9120 Pic

CCCam, Clines, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts