View of Earth from a satellite

While there are a few satellites (like shown at TerraServer) that have photographic capabilities I am almost 100% sure these are predictive mapping models based on years of photos and mapping.

Here's a slick alternative to the terraserver & ms-terraserver satellite imaging I just found today.

http://maps.google.com

At any time you are looking at a drawn map, you can click "Satellite" in the upper right corner and it will show you the equivalently zoomed & "origined" satellite image of the drawn map. The satellite image is in color as an added bonus (terraserver.com is in color but is a pay service). Continual kudos & gratitude to the Google folks! :)

Oops, didn't see juan's post above. :p

Anyways, my post is still value-added since it mentions the nifty switch-between-map-and-satellite feature. That, along with the rest of the user interface on that site, is very "Hollywood" as I would say. :)

Boy, that 157 slot for Echostar 4 appears nearly worthless. It looks like its only good for Hawaii and not much else. I know it can serve the West Coast, but it look very low there too. Like 61.5.

Who Still Gets TRIO?

Problems with Digital Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)