Viera HD not in Latino Platinum

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Here's a question for DIRT. Why didn't Latino packages get Viera HD when WFN HD was pulled from the Platinum package? All the English language packages got it. :confused:

Here's a question for DIRT. Why didn't Latino packages get Viera HD when WFN HD was pulled from the Platinum package? All the English language packages got it. :confused:

I believe that Veria is in America's Top 250 and available a la carte for $5/month (I would think that you would get the HD channel of it, but you never know....LOL).

This page comes in handy for channel lineup cards (when they are updated anyway): TV Channel Lineup - Satellite Channels on DISH Network

I hope that helps. I do not recall ever watching Veria honestly when we had AT250. However, I do remember the SD channel looking not so great. Therefore, an HD channel may bring in some new viewers.

WFN should be there in SD on channel 394 from what I have read on the forum.

Dish also has a page for the Platinum (formerly HD Platinum...I even forget sometimes when I start typing): http://www.dishnetwork.com/hdplatinum/default.aspx
It looks like Sundance has the wrong channel number for the Platinum package (I believe it is channel 389 rather than 332 unless you sub to Showtime as well) along with the listing of WFN as HD.

I suppose they renamed it in order to try out SD channels in the package, too.

I hope that helps.

Your guess is as good as mine. I couldn't say why they decide to put what channels in what packages (something contractual is my guess, but that's simply my guess)

VeriaHD is available A La Carte for $5/month, and is also included in the AT250 HD package (AEP too for that matter)

Your guess is as good as mine. I couldn't say why they decide to put what channels in what packages (something contractual is my guess, but that's simply my guess)

VeriaHD is available A La Carte for $5/month, and is also included in the AT250 HD package (AEP too for that matter)

Sorry not the answer that should be here as far as I'm concerned. WFN HD was part of the platinum package that is extra. Since it has been removed then we should be getting Viera HD just like the English packages are getting. Maybe it's time for you to crank up the E* pony express and send a message to those that are in charge to see why it wasn't moved into our platinum package too?:D Pretty please If that helps.

Last edited:
Why do you say Viera is part of the Platinum package? I don't believe it is, nor ever was. As far as the platinum package, with or without WFN in HD that is a good value to me. Really Dish has no obligation to replace it anyway. Your other option (besides asking to have it added to the platinum package instead of Top 250) is to drop the platinum package and tell Dish why.
You are making an assumption that dropping WFN HD from the platinum package, and adding Viera from SD to HD in TOP 250 are related things.

Last edited:
Why do you say Viera is part of the Platinum package? I don't believe it is, nor ever was.

WFN HD was in platinum package it was dropped Viera was replaced it. So therefore I conjecture that it should be replaced in the Latino package as well as in the English packages platinum.

Again, Veria HD did not replace WFN HD. Veria SD was and is in the TOP 250, and it now is HD. There is nothing to show that one channel is related to the other. Platinum English did not gain Veria.

Last edited:
I can't even find it as an HD option. I've looked thru All HD & All channels and only see it as SD. Maybe it's to new to show up for Latino packages? ¿Dónde lo vería yo? ( I just had to do that since Viera is in it):D

Last edited:
Veria SD has been part of the AT250 package for a while now. I think Dish just added the HD feed, I don't think they moved it to the platinum package. It looks like WFN HD was replaced with WFN SD in the platinum package.

Idea for new type of Dish Network receiver

Anyone have WGBC from Meridian MS and have audio issues ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)