Very disapointed with Direct attitude.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

m74731

Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
I have and still have an offer from them I called to take advantage for that order. Suposed to be free install, 2 hd or dvr receivers. It was the Classic plus package. They ran the credit test, got it all set up to do, went from 24.99 to to 34.99 and then posible 39.99. I have the offer here. If this company is not going to fulfll the order that youreceive from them, they should not make it. I am very disappointed with them. I recommended that 2 friends of mine sign with them, I shall contact them and let them know what happened to me and tell them to check on Dish offers.

First they said that it was because I had 2 tv's, Why would I need t2 receivers unless I had 2 tv's? That was the 10 dollar thing, I think. Then I told them that I wanted to have payments direct from my bank, then something about getting that straihgtend out could be another %. I talked to them for bout 30 minutes. I finally told them I wanted the 2499 deal. That was there offer, that was what I wanted. They wanted to talk more. I told them thay had my phone number. When they got their S--t togather. let me know.

$24.99? What package is that? even the Family package has been $29.99 for a long time. DirecTV was running a promo deal up until the 3rd of March that would give you the Choice package for $29.99 or the Choice Xtra for $34.99. The new prices are $5 more for each package. So if you placed your order after the 3rd, thats why the price increase. The extra $10 can be explained by adding the HD package to the order. The second receiver will also add an additional $5.

That was not the way it was explained to me. I am looking at the brochure I received. The package is the choice extra package for 24.99. If there was a 10.00 charge for Hd that would explain the step to the 34.00 I can get that. Why a 5 buck for a second tv. They state they will give you 2 receivers, free,..If you don't have 2 tv's, why 2 receivers. JUst want a good expalin on it. You do a better job than their service people do.

Thanks.

You can drop you locals and save $5 and just get a $20 OTA ANT and watch Digital for free...

Yes Direct charges for locals its inculed in the price!!! if you live in a market that they dont have the rights to give locals then your price is $5 less then printed.. many times the Local office will have the gear and know how for OTA install's for that DMA

I get over 60 channels on cable right now. I don't get the number of sports I want. Guess I'll think on it for awhile. Thanks to all of ya for your info and advice.

Great folks here and a darn good site. , obtw, will be installing my motorized FTA this week. Thanks again.

The $5 for the second receiver is pretty standard practice unless you have cable, then its around $9 for the 2nd receiver. They will install up to 4 receivers for free with a new install. You still have to pay $5 for each additional receiver after the 1st one. so if you do a four room install on the Choice Xtra package, it will be $34.99 for the first IRD, then $5 each for the other 3. So your bill would be $49.99+tax. That make sense? Also, try and get DirecTV to drop the locals, I don't think they will. It's part of the package.

That was not the way it was explained to me. I am looking at the brochure I received. The package is the choice extra package for 24.99. If there was a 10.00 charge for Hd that would explain the step to the 34.00 I can get that. Why a 5 buck for a second tv. They state they will give you 2 receivers, free,..If you don't have 2 tv's, why 2 receivers. JUst want a good expalin on it. You do a better job than their service people do.

Thanks.

Look at the fine print. Both Direct and Dish charge for a second box. Dish has boxes that operate 2 rooms without charging you for the second room, but if you have more than one box, you pay a fee for it. It's always been that way. Cable does that too, BTW, if you have more than one box.

Thanks.

m,
Like mentioned above, they gave you the 2nd rec. for free,(you didn't pay $ 50 or $100 whichever it is depending on the rec.)

They have always charged a $5 p/m fee for a second rec. (mirroring fee), this is nothing new.

Can you post a link to your offer, I have not seen the Choice package that cheap.

Jimbo

Jimbo, sorry. I got rid of all theat stuff. One jof the posters said that offer was closed out on March, 3. Might have been. By the way, I haave magnifying glasses and can't read their fine print. Also, with my cable and new tv's, you don't need boxes. Only if you want the highest tiers are they needed. so there is not a cost per tv. Unless I go to the highest tier, I can have a tv in every room and the cost is the same as if I had only one tv. I use their computer link. I ma well satisfied with their service. Only thing, I don't get c-span 2 on their service.

Also, with my cable and new tv's, you don't need boxes. Only if you want the highest tiers are they needed. so there is not a cost per tv. Unless I go to the highest tier, I can have a tv in every room and the cost is the same as if I had only one tv.

Don't get used to it. I have spoken to numerous Comcast employees and Techs about their transition to 100% digital(which was supposed to happen years ago). When it does, your TV will require a digital converter box for each tv. As it is now you can get "Digital Starter for $2-$3 per box and get only the analog channels, On Demand, Pay-Per-View and some music channels. Comcast charges $8.99 per bo:mad:that's $4 more than DirecTV and Dish Network) to mirror all of the channels you subscribe to on all of your TV's. So when the analog channels go away, I would fully expect Comcast customers to be paying at least $5 per box.

Don't get used to it. I have spoken to numerous Comcast employees and Techs about their transition to 100% digital(which was supposed to happen years ago). When it does, your TV will require a digital converter box for each tv. As it is now you can get "Digital Starter for $2-$3 per box and get only the analog channels, On Demand, Pay-Per-View and some music channels. Comcast charges $8.99 per bo:mad:that's $4 more than DirecTV and Dish Network) to mirror all of the channels you subscribe to on all of your TV's. So when the analog channels go away, I would fully expect Comcast customers to be paying at least $5 per box.

They aren't doing that in all areas. They're going to leave their analog their available here for the foreseeable future. However they're taking more and more key channels off. They'll keep an analog tier for as long as it makes financial sense to do so. Also, if you have a CableCard compatible TV, you won't need a box anyway. But you'll have to rent the CableCard (Which is a bit less than a box)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Searching for signal on satellite in 2 (771)

New Winter Offer - Plasma Concepts - Save $

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts