Using Two 811 same house

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
Maye I dreamed this up cause I sure cant find it now,but thought i read using two 811 that one of the UHF remotes freq must be changed?

But I dont see that in the 811 manual.

Thanks

trido said:
Maye I dreamed this up cause I sure cant find it now,but thought i read using two 811 that one of the UHF remotes freq must be changed?

But I dont see that in the 811 manual.

Thanks
Thanks I assume thats the 811 manual as I got no remote manual Sorry for trouble I didnt look real well I guess

Trido

How to change the remote/reciever address 101:

1.) Goto "system info" screen on receiver
2.) Hold down Sat button until all mode buttons come on
3.) Release Sat button, Sat button remains lit
4.) Enter Address you want (1-16)
5.) Press #, Sat. will flash 3 times (Remote is now set)
6.) Press "Record" on remote to set receiver to remote's ID

*note* insure that the receiver you don't want to set is NOT on or in the "system info" screen.

Well, actually, you would only need to change the address if you continue to use the Dish remotes.

If you switch to universal remotes that use IR, rather than RF, there is no need to change the address.

Not suggesting that as a solution, just pointing out that if you normally use a universal, you don't have this problem.

AcuraCL said:
Well, actually, you would only need to change the address if you continue to use the Dish remotes.

If you switch to universal remotes that use IR, rather than RF, there is no need to change the address.

Not suggesting that as a solution, just pointing out that if you normally use a universal, you don't have this problem.

I have a Harmony 680 universal remote, an 811 and a 3000. The 680 would control both the 811 and 3000 at the same time until I changed the remote address on the 811.

Hmmm.

Were both receivers in the same room?

How could infrared control a receiver in a different room?

AcuraCL said:
Hmmm.

Were both receivers in the same room?

How could infrared control a receiver in a different room?

Both in the same room. Also, the 860 would not learn from the 811 remote. I had to use the 3000 remote in order to complete the programming for the 811!

Installer coming on Wednesday, is my new wiring ok?

Channels slow to lock in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts