Using I Adaptor

KahanaJoe

Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
Maui
I'm located in Maui. I have two dishes one receiving 110 & the other 119, they have dual feed LNB's that connect to two SW21 switches. One coax from each switch running to two locations in my home with 501 receivers. Both receivers working fine.
I want to change one of the 501's to a 722 Dual receiver. The current LNB's are not compatible with the separators you use for the dual tuner 722. My existing LNB's have the rectangular ends and the two Dish Pro Lnb's I'm replacing them with are D shape. I purchased two Dish Network I Adapter Brackets that attach to the recantangular arms and allow for the D shape Dish Pro LNB's to connect.
I changed out my two original LNB's for the two Dish Pro LNB's and connected them to a DP33 switch. I reconnected the feed lines to the new DP33 and did a check switch to let it find the DP33 which it did. However, I am not receiving any signal. I didn't change the dish settings at all, I only added the I adapters. Do I need to realign the dishes or do I have to shorten the original rectangular arm to compensate for the legth of the I adapters which are a about 4-5 inches long?
Thanks, KahanaJoe

welcome :wave

yes you have to shorten the arms on the dish now (or the I adapters) because adding that I adapter changed the focal distance. Thats why you are not getting any (or very low) signal

Four seperate Dish DVR upgrade experiences.

722 audio drop out HD only TV1 & TV2 live and DVR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)