USB world box question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
What I've read says that it can do timed recordings. Are there limits to doing that? In the software that came with my ati all in wonder if I had cable, I could just go through for a week or more pick a channel program off of the epg type thingy, right click and click record and it'd record that channel at that time, automatically kicking itself on and off when needed. Is DVB World Box that advanced, and can it basically do the same sort of thing as that with satellite? I realize most fta doesn't have epgs, so I'd have to manually go to titan tv's site, look up schedules, and then input them in, but what I'm wanting to know is if I say studied titan tv for a whole 2 weeks of programming could I set up dvb world box to start and stop recording various movies during the week, and it will kick on and record like a vcr's timer recordings while I'm asleep, at work, or doing whateverelse away from the computer?

I'm wanting to use the computer as a pvr/dvr basically... I'm doing that right now, but the ati card can't read satellite signals, only ota signals, so it's only seeing channel 3 coming out of the fta box.... and I manually am having to change channels to get different stuff recorded. I'm wanting a dvb world box if it can automate that stuff, and can see different channels that the fta box can see instead of just channel 3 coming out of the pansat's tv out.

What I've read says that it can do timed recordings. Are there limits to doing that? In the software that came with my ati all in wonder if I had cable, I could just go through for a week or more pick a channel program off of the epg type thingy, right click and click record and it'd record that channel at that time, automatically kicking itself on and off when needed. Is DVB World Box that advanced, and can it basically do the same sort of thing as that with satellite? I realize most fta doesn't have epgs, so I'd have to manually go to titan tv's site, look up schedules, and then input them in, but what I'm wanting to know is if I say studied titan tv for a whole 2 weeks of programming could I set up dvb world box to start and stop recording various movies during the week, and it will kick on and record like a vcr's timer recordings while I'm asleep, at work, or doing whateverelse away from the computer?

I'm wanting to use the computer as a pvr/dvr basically... I'm doing that right now, but the ati card can't read satellite signals, only ota signals, so it's only seeing channel 3 coming out of the fta box.... and I manually am having to change channels to get different stuff recorded. I'm wanting a dvb world box if it can automate that stuff, and can see different channels that the fta box can see instead of just channel 3 coming out of the pansat's tv out.

It's not really up to the device... it's up to the software you are using to drive the recordings.

If you're looking for DVR type stuff I'd look at DVBDream as it has the capability to timeshift the satellite signals.

Is there software that works with dvb world that would let me do that dvr type of stuff? If so, what software?

Duh... ok DVBDream is the software. I thought you were suggesting it instead of dvb world as if it was another brand of pc card. Sorry. :) :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adding a switch to a motorized setup?

What makes gives the motor power?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)