USB on DVR522

mk14

Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
What can I use the USB port on my DishNetwork DVR 522 for?
Can I get my recorded shows to my computer through this port or connect a
keyboard to my receiver?

Michael

And if you had bothered using the search function you would have found that this question has been asked many times and always with the same answer.

New users seldom use a search. It is faster to post a quick first question. I hate wading through searches myself, but anywho....

Unofficial Dish Network definition of USB:

USB - Unsupported Serial Bus. We may choose to do something with this port in future software releases, but don't hold your breath because our software engineers are too busy playing XFreecell or Find The Penguin. This interface does look neat on a brochure as a selling feature, doesn't it? We also did this with the 921 unit. echostar :D

I know the 721 and 921 you can use a keyboard to do your searches with it, dunno if it's the same for the 522. If it sends out pwoer maybe you can plug in one of those usb lights so you can see the back of the receiver :)

This is what I plan to use mine for:

tooth1.jpg

:confused:

Oh my, is that thing for real? A USB toothbrush? do they have a USB dildo? I shouldn't have asked they probably made that before the toothbrush...

Arrighty, but I wouldn't recommend plugging your USB hairdryer into the 522 after you're done brushing your teeth... :no

Yup, it's for real...they also make a USB blanket, coffee warmer, etc :)

Also, I'd post a picture of this one, but dont want to get banned:

Matrix USB Vibrator (Matrix USB) Presenting the computer powered Matrix Vibe. Become one with your computer as you plug and play your Matrix Vibe into your USB port with the included USB cable....

:shocked

I figured they had it. does it have interactive capabilites where a user online can control the vibe?

USB light would not be bad to see the back of the equipment rack

BFG said:
I know the 721 and 921 you can use a keyboard to do your searches with it, dunno if it's the same for the 522. If it sends out pwoer maybe you can plug in one of those usb lights so you can see the back of the receiver :)
Sorry - no USB keyboard on the 921. Eldon with their infinite capacity to screw things up managed to lose support for it.
BFG said:
I figured they had it. does it have interactive capabilites where a user online can control the vibe?
Yeah - I saw an episode of TechTV Unscrewed where they demonstrated the various PC-controlled fun toys - including interactive and remote-PC controlled.

BFG said:
Oh my, is that thing for real? A USB toothbrush? do they have a USB dildo? I shouldn't have asked they probably made that before the toothbrush...

That is too funny.....:)

I saw that episode on TechTv The Screen Savers where they had all these different things that you can connect to your USB port.

Rainbow-1 Spotbeam TP Capability

ESPNU, going to be available?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)