Upgrades for old subscriber

mbarnes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
With all the promos and new stuff out there, I'm having a hard time figuring out what may be available to the long time subscriber. I've had Dish for about six years now. I'm a full time RVer and have a 4000 and a 2900 in the RV, AT60 and East/West/Superstation network feeds. I've got a legacy single-eye, dual LNBF on the RV feeding both receivers. I guess I am not able to get all the channels I pay for, since I am only looking at 119. I'd like to get at least a Dish500 dish, and maybe upgrade to a newer receiver. My main receiver needs to have an RF remote, just due to where I can put things in the RV.

The web site says there are no promos or upgrades available to me. I called Dish once, and the guy I talked to said I would have to go through a local dealer to get any kind of new equipment. He also told me I would have to have a professional installation, that they could not just ship me anything. Since I am on the road most of the time, I just want to pick something up. I don't want a "professional installer" blowing holes in my RV like some of the terrible hack jobs I have seen. Besides, I am all wired, I just want a new dish and maybe some current receivers.

I was on hold so much, my cell phone battery went dead before I really got any useful information.

Money is tight, so I really don't want to go out and lay out the $150 a local dealer wanted to just buy a Dish500 dish. I guess I wouldn't mind some kind of commitment to the AT120 or whatever the next tier is if I can get a new receiver out of the deal.

Any ideas?

mbarnes said:
With all the promos and new stuff out there, I'm having a hard time figuring out what may be available to the long time subscriber. I've had Dish for about six years now. I'm a full time RVer and have a 4000 and a 2900 in the RV, AT60 and East/West/Superstation network feeds. I've got a legacy single-eye, dual LNBF on the RV feeding both receivers. I guess I am not able to get all the channels I pay for, since I am only looking at 119. I'd like to get at least a Dish500 dish, and maybe upgrade to a newer receiver. My main receiver needs to have an RF remote, just due to where I can put things in the RV.

The web site says there are no promos or upgrades available to me. I called Dish once, and the guy I talked to said I would have to go through a local dealer to get any kind of new equipment. He also told me I would have to have a professional installation, that they could not just ship me anything. Since I am on the road most of the time, I just want to pick something up. I don't want a "professional installer" blowing holes in my RV like some of the terrible hack jobs I have seen. Besides, I am all wired, I just want a new dish and maybe some current receivers.

I was on hold so much, my cell phone battery went dead before I really got any useful information.

Money is tight, so I really don't want to go out and lay out the $150 a local dealer wanted to just buy a Dish500 dish. I guess I wouldn't mind some kind of commitment to the AT120 or whatever the next tier is if I can get a new receiver out of the deal.

Any ideas?
Put the cellphone battery on charge, when it is freshly charged call DISH Network. The dish 500 upgrade is free and you should be able to qualify for the "Dishin It Up" promotion you can upgrade 2 receivers per year under this promotion. :)

See what Clyde at Dishstore.net has to offer. He has great prices and when you make a purchase from them, a portion goes to help support this site.

I don't blame you about not wanting a installer messing with your rv. Someone at dish or even this board should have had a similar expierence with the one you are having.

Keep checking back and see if someone posts something.

How to change 811 UHF Channel?

Error in my dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts