Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Quick question

I have a Pansat 1500 that still has the factory software in it. I want to upload the newest software (from the Pansat site) but I'm worried I will lose my channel list in the box (all 250+ video and 100 audio)

I know I can update other receivers (my KUsat and the Coolsat) and not lose the channels.

Has anyone updated their Pansat with legal software and not lost their channel list?

can you download your channel list to gtools. I have seen that mentioned here before and it would probably work in your case. (Me giving FTA advice to the FTA GOD ?????? )

John Walsh said:
can you download your channel list to gtools. I have seen that mentioned here before and it would probably work in your case. (Me giving FTA advice to the FTA GOD ?????? )

never claimed to be a FTA god :)

Never used Gtools either...might have to try that

Does anyone know if gtools just works with channel lists, or does it allow you to save all of a recievers settings? I would really like to be able to back everything up off of my pansat, including sat positions, channels, etc.

The last time I updated the software on my Pansat 2500 it did NOT reset everything. This was software version 2.35N-Bt 5.1. The previous times I downloaded new software, it did cause the receiver to lose the channel lists, etc.

drhydro said:
Does anyone know if gtools just works with channel lists, or does it allow you to save all of a recievers settings? I would really like to be able to back everything up off of my pansat, including sat positions, channels, etc.

I haven't used it much but I just opened the program and you can save channel lists, Sat name, Sat location, LNB power, type and Freq., 22khz on or off, DISEqC switch #, 0/12v (whatever that is) and Positioner settings. There may be other stuff but that is what I see right off the bat.

jh98 said:
The last time I updated the software on my Pansat 2500 it did NOT reset everything. This was software version 2.35N-Bt 5.1. The previous times I downloaded new software, it did cause the receiver to lose the channel lists, etc.

uh oh...so its a crap shoot, huh?

But the 1500 and the 2500 use the same software, so it might work?

anybody got a good copy of Gtools?

I googled it and all it sent me to were hack sites :mad:

gtools kinda sucks, i found a program called channelmaster for windows, its a little eaiser to use. To bad we dont have a download section for stuff like this, the only place i could find this stuff is hack sites

Iceberg said:
Quick question

I have a Pansat 1500 that still has the factory software in it. I want to upload the newest software (from the Pansat site) but I'm worried I will lose my channel list in the box (all 250+ video and 100 audio)

well...no need to update the software....whats in it is the most current according to www.pansatusa.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brand new system setup...need help

Signal difference in different temperatures??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)