UNPLUGGED RECEIVERS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
How long can a receiver be left disconnected from the dish before it needs to be refreshed/ re-authorized when plugged back in? I've got a genie and 2 h25's that my in laws have disconnected for some reason, i think renovations ...

Just a few days to a week, usually. The system sends out the authorizations once or twice a week and once the receiver misses it, it will need the re-authorizations sent.
Doesn't have to be disconnected from the dish, just having the receiver unplugged (or the power strip turned off) will have the same effect.

You can resend the authorizations yourself on Directv.com under "My Equipment". Lot quicker than calling (assuming you have internet, of course).

I remember Dish would never send re-authorizations when they had the origional blue cards.

I remember deactivating a receiver from my account for 2 years, plugged it in to check it out before I was getting ready to sell it, downloaded the new latest version of the software and it still had programming for several months.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chico/Redding now have a local CW

Pittsburgh locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)