Universal Remotes

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
Is anyone in here sucessfully using a Universal remote for the 522 and the 811. I would like to know because simply by the end of the week.. I will have 5 remotes simply to work the tv.

Yes. I'm using the URC-200 Automator with both my 811 and 522 and it works great! I've created macros to switch easily between the two. Great remote for the price. Highly recommended.

No, I don't work for them. ;)

Harmony remotes

I recently posted a review of the Harmony 659 remote. This is the easiest remote you could every have and it can be highly customized. See my review here.

I'm not sure if it matters in your case, but TV2 on the 522 is UHF only . I hope they can and will change that so that you can use a universal IF remote with it .

BTW, I use a Harmony 659 with my 921 and it is a great "family" remote . If the wife and kids use your equipment, it's worth it .

no I use single mode... pretty soon Ill have a 5 room setup with 3 tvs.... HA

Ill have the 522 in the living room in single mode.
A 811 in the living room

A 510 in my office
A 510 in the bedroom

pretty nice setup I hope I can get it all working good.

Check out the Home Theater Master line of remotes. They are priced comparably and the build quality is far superior to the Harmony line (I own both).

NightRyder

AJF said:
I'm not sure if it matters in your case, but TV2 on the 522 is UHF only . I hope they can and will change that so that you can use a universal IF remote with it .

BTW, I use a Harmony 659 with my 921 and it is a great "family" remote . If the wife and kids use your equipment, it's worth it .

I ordered a 659... put it on ground shipping... ill post back when i get it next week.

The wife hates using 1000 remotes... the only complaint about the harmony is that it doesnt do the X10 stuff.... oh well

NightRyder said:
Check out the Home Theater Master line of remotes. They are priced comparably and the build quality is far superior to the Harmony line (I own both).

NightRyder

If I dont like the Harmony Ill check it out

I have the Home Theater Master MX-700 and it works great with the 522 very easy to program using the computer and very very powerfull remote can use discrete codes from the Philips Pronto also with a little work.

Dish's HD Promo

How to get out of my Dish Contract?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts