Two Wally Receivers - Two different Experiences?

jkrumenack3r

Original poster
Feb 27, 2024
Island Pond, VT
Hello

I have an RV with two different Wally receivers but one automatic outdoor unit. One Wally came with the RV so it’s older (paired with older remote) and one is about 2 weeks old. I just bought it to have one outside and one inside. Physically look the same and both say they are up to date with software; however, the older has a slightly different UI and upon power up always warns me that it expects to have more channels. To me it seems like it should be able to update SW to match the other newer but always says it’s up to date and has no new SW. Is there a way to force the SW update or is it perhaps as up to date as it can be and it’s just older? I should mention it seems viewing is all the same and all the same channels work. Just sticks out as odd….

thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi! I'm the Product Manager for the Wally.

There is only one version of the Wally. It may have been manufactured at an earlier date, but the functionality and ability to receive software updates is the same. What software version is showing on the Wallys?

Reactions: charlesrshell

There is only one version of the Wally. It may have been manufactured at an earlier date, but the functionality and ability to receive software updates is the same. What software version is showing on the Wallys?

So rumor has it there are two versions of the Wally but both use the same software. Was there a chip update to the Wally at some point?

As soon as I get back to my RV I will post versions. They were different yet both thought up to date - which was what casued me to have a bit of pause.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I factory reset both receivers today just to see.

The "good" one is Wally 578 8/9/2024 boot 1617 app an650. This one always seems to update without an issue, but I also got it brand new

The second that hasn't been updating updated after factory reset but is mismatched. Wally 578 3/3/2024 boot 1117 app an651

I'll mention the second went through a serious round of updates after the factory resets today that it never did before. I'll take it.

Curious if this is all normal?

3ea95490a62f8b50d0512ce2062fd739.jpg

93ce83c34c57db76dde3efa6e1501b18.jpg

Curious if this is all normal?
3ea95490a62f8b50d0512ce2062fd739.jpg
I had a ViP 211 that did this one Thanksgiving. Turned out it had a blown Electrolytic Capacitor on the board. I replaced it and it was good for many years, until this year when it had trouble authenticating during activation after seven moths of being unplugged.

But I had never seen the 981 CGA Screen of Last Resort before. I see they updated it for the Wally by adding an “a”…

Having to reboot all the time due to black screen recordings

Left Dish