TV Monitor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jlamar

Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
I have Direct TV with HDMI to main TV. I have a second TV in the kitchen that I've had hooked up with a coax cable that runs from the Direct unit location to the TV. All I want to do is monitor what's on the main TV, not have channel changing ability. Anyway?

if it has RCA cables you can do it that way. if it does not, or you just want to keep the cable, get a modulator. hook it to the one of the RCA output sets on teh back of the receiver, then plug the cable to it. set the TV in the kitchen to the modulator output channel(usually 3 or 4) and you have it. it will show whatever is being viewed on the main box. this will not show DVD/other media being played though, only the DTV output.

:welcome to Satelliteguys jlamar!

If you have an old vcr, you can use it as a modulator. Connect the Directv box to the red, white, and yellow inputs on the vcr, then connect the coax to the output of the vcr.

I basically have it connected to the back of a DVR (Tivo) now. However, the sound is about 1 sec behind the TV when in HD mode (Tivo isn't HD). With the modulator fix that delay issue, view in HD, and delete need for coax?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H20 single line install. What am I missing?

RF remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)