Tv Broadcast signal`s

just try with a Yagi of 2.00 meters long for the Vhf
Aalten ( Holland) is the place

Mvg
That's good start to try DXing with your antenna and see somthing comes up!:cool:

I guess Holland is pretty much used for 2 way radios communications on old former European analog PAL TV system based on 7 or 8 MHz wide channels?

Are Holland, using DVB-T1 or T-2 maybe both formats at the same time on UHF TV band? :hatsoff

Reactions: johan
Is this America's good channels list?!
And what does it all mean?!

Attachments

• 20240713_093121.jpg
    20240713_093121.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: N5XZS
Yes, that's the listings of all VHF low band TV stations.

There a website that's keep all the TV stations market in USA called www.rabbitears.info and shows every known listing of every TV stations on VHF-Lo, VHF-Hi and UHF.
Btw, I am in Albuquerque, NM, USA and if you go to rabbitears.info website and click on broadcast market listings and scrow down to number 62. Showing Albuquerque, NM of our local TV stations! :) :hatsoff

Btw, I am in Albuquerque, NM, USA and if you go to rabbitears.info website and click on broadcast market listings and scrow down to number 62. Showing Albuquerque, NM of our local TV stations! :) :hatsoff
Santa Fe en Kasy-tv is green !

Reactions: N5XZS
KASY-DT, licensed in Albuquerque, is ATSC 3.0 on RF. Ch. 36 a My-TV Network and simulcast, of KOAT-DT, KRQE-DT, CBS and KRQE-DT, FOX NM and KWBQ-DT CW using HEVC video codecs.

Which is a slow transition from ATSC 1.0 to 3.0, you can Google it up on lighthouse transition from ATSC 1.0 to 3.0. :) :hatsoff

And besides VHF-Low band has always been have shortwave like skips conditions even back in 1930's era BBC-TV's signal in 45 MHz was seen in New York city via F2 or E, Ionosphere layers at that time.

Digital TV signals can be DXable in this day and age of this 21st century.

And who's know what will bring in 20 to 50 years years from now, might have galactic subspace radio broadcast FTL mode!! :cool: :hungry2:hatsoff

TV signals are broadcast mostly hoizontal polarity, but many are elliptical favouring horizontal to mitigate multipath somewhat.With anomolous propagation there "could" be a polarity flip in some situations, but I think most of the time the polarity should be the same as the station broadcasts.
I would build as long of a yagi as possible (limited by rotor, tower capabilities, and site dimentions of course) centered in the VHF low band.
Best luck would likely be picking up stations in the Canadian maritime provinces and NE US states. Not sure if Gander NL has a TV station, that would be the closest to Europe. Look at "great circle maps" for beam headings. Just checked, there is a CBC transmitter at St John's NL on channel 8 or 183MHz if the data I am seeing is current. That's VHF high, less likely to see propagation, but you never know!

Last edited:
If I buy a TBS card or box with: DVB-S2X DVB-S2 DVB-T2 DVB-C2 ISDB-T ATSC1.0 Digital TV Tuner USB Box, would that work ?!

Have sent TBS Technologies an email with the question, which card is competible with ATSC 1.0. There are 3 of them. If it doesn't work, I can always use DVB-S2 or DVB-T2 for the rest of the world.

ADTH Nextgen set-top box

Dave Arland Interview on ATSC 3.0