TRX1420 Slave Connections

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mk279

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 30, 2005
Hi...I just received my Toshiba TRX1420 today and I want to hook it up thru my Fortec Lifetime and I was looking for a sticky or a thread thar walks you thru the setup. I don't want to hook it up wrong and spend all my time wondering if its right or wrong. I don't have a remote , so I'm going to try to program a universal and see if that will help. Any input on connections would be greatly appreciated.......Thanks MK

:D :D

From dish to LNBF in on the Fortec. Then out into LNBF in on the TRX. Remember you are stuck on whatever polarity the Fortec is on!

Good luck with the remote!

mk279

the remote I have (factory one) it says "TRX1420R" on the back :)

hopefully you can get it working

Iceberg said:
mk279

the remote I have (factory one) it says "TRX1420R" on the back :)

hopefully you can get it working

I followed the link that you posted in an earlier thread on getting the TRX1420 manual and I have a picture of the remote , so that I at least know what some of the functions are. I will try it out and let you know how it worked. I'm going to try a Hughes DTV universal remote first. :confused: :confused:

Last weekend I also became one of the enlightened when I received my TRX-120. I slaved it to my Pansat 2500 by running a cable from the IF output to the Ku input on the Toshiba. SInce I was worried about damage to the Pansat from the LNB voltage from the Toshiba I put a DC block inline. This may not be necessary but I wasn't going to take a chance. Maybe some day I'll open up the Pansat and see what the output circuitry is like (unless someone has a schematic?).

Of note was the fact that some of the buttons on my remote either didn't work or worked poorly. I took it apart and used some isopropyl alcohol to clean the circuit board contacts and the conducting pads of the rubber and afterwards it worked flawlessly. Obviously this doesn't apply to you since you don't have a remote but if you should find a used one and they are built the same as mine you may want to clean it.

Pardon my lack of knowledge on this, but keep in mind that I have no remote, should I be seeing anything when I power on the receiver ???? On the front there are sat and ch. buttons , but nothing to get me into a menu. Sat in to the Fortec...sat out from Fortec to Sat in on the 1420........How does that translate to actually seeing anything when there is nothing going from the 1420 to the TV. Please enlighten me .......Thanks :confused: :confused:

you need to hook the 1420 to the TV :)

I have both running to a VCR
Pansat-Video 1
Toshiba-Video 2

Iceberg said:
you need to hook the 1420 to the TV :)

I have both running to a VCR
Pansat-Video 1
Toshiba-Video 2

Now that makes more sense.............I'm using an older TV and it doesn't have multiple inputs like the big one in the livingroom that my wife is always hogging.............. :eek: :eek:

I've made some slight headway here ...........my Toshiba universal remote from the HD tv in the livingroom has a satellite function and I was able to get the TRX1420 to power on and off and get some other fuctions going ........I'm still playing with it and have not yet found the button that switches the mode from C to KU.

I had to break down and buy a remote. I was lucky enough to find one after about 2 hours of searching the internet. I paid way too much for it, but in the long run it will save me tons of headaches. :yes

I finally got my remote for my TRX1420 and I have absolutely no idea what the hell I am doing. It wants me to go thru all these setup procedures (setting the E-W limits) etc, etc....... I have my Fortec set to T5 and I want to try and scan using the Toshiba, but I seem to get started. Can someone please give me a kick in the *** and get me started. Thanks.................MK

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have all the connections right and I am able to get to all the on screen menus ....they just don't make any sense to me. The manual really isn't much help. All of its instructions are based on the Toshiba being motorized.

Are we working with KU band here or C-band?

If KU…go to AMC9 with the digital receiver and be on a H polarity

Menu
4-2 to put it in program
Pick channel 19
Use the > & < to get Galaxy 7
Hit “enter” to store it

Menu 4-1 puts it back to normal

You will have to fine tune the satellite frequency
Menu 4-2
Then menu 3-2 (adjust KU frequency)

Have it match Lyngsat (they will be in 20 K steps…11800, 11820, 11840, etc etc 12000, 12020, 12040, etc)

Thanks Iceberg, but do I have any other options west of AMC 9. Not my greatest of site lines. I'm real good from 93 to 129. Thanks

What are we working with here? C or KU?

Problem is other than TP19 on AMC9, the rest are just feeds.

You can set it up even without seeing a feed. Just do as I wrote above.

I'm using KU ......... I'll give it a shot tonight, Thanks.

Try G10 TP23 around 12:15 and 10:00PM daily. This is for the Texas Lottery.

But you should be able to get the analog setup without that :D

I just stopped for a supper break ....... I have never been this frusturated. I think I just need a rest. Something is not going right and it is probably something simple, but I'm not having much luck in the different menus. The Sat #'s don't mach-up . G10 is SBS5 ....is T5 is ?????? and so on. The sad part is I had a C band dish up and running for 15 years and I don't remember the sat ID's.

don't worry about that part.....the thing to remember is most of the satellites have the same frequencies. The only difference is polarity (and that dont matter because the DVB receiver controls that)

All you need is 2 satellites programmed
Galaxy 7 (or 3)
SBS6

Use Galaxy 7 for everyhting EXCEPT for SBS6 (SBS6 has different setups)

I use G7 for AMC5, AMC9, T6, G3, G10 and G11 (although G11 is a little flaky)

OK .....so what you are saying is SBS 6 at 74 degrees is what it is and call everything else G7. So I move my dish over to AMC 9 with my Fortec and then with the Toshiba call it G7 and use the frequencies from AMC 9. How do you scan though. I was starting to wonder last night if my remote I just got is buggered....I'm not sure if it was letting me do all of the functions. Could you give me some tips on which keys to use on the 1420 remote. I press "view"{ and get nothing, same with "setup". The "function" key works as well as the "KU" button.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra "Blind Scan" Digital Receiver

Equity Moving?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts