Trouble Recording PPV

GTAlumnus

Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Texas
I set a PPV movie to record, so we don't have start watching right at the scheduled time. The time arrives, say 30 mins after the movie starts I go to DVR button and the movie is not there being recorded. The movie can be watched, yea 30 mins into it, but thats not what I want.

This happened a couple of months ago and after having much difficulty explaining the problem they sent me a new DVR (VIP722), which quickly developed problems and they ended up having to send me ANOTHER receiver a few weeks ago. I have not had occasion to record PPVs until today. At 3:00 set it to record a 4:00 movie. At 4:30 it was not recording, same problem as 2 DVRs ago.

To make matters worse, last time this happened Dish CHARGED me for the movie even though I never watched it (don't care to watch movies 30 minutes into them). Finally credited my account as a ONE TIME courtesy. So they will likely charge me for this movie which I will NOT watch because my window of opportunity to watch the beginning of the movie is over. Dish is VERY rigid when it comes to these charges. Every customer is considered a thief, not a customer, unfortunately. The attitude is that they have something we can't do without.

Any ideas?:mad:

Make sure you select a specific channel and not a dish pass or a pass with a specific channel as that could mess up otherwise, I think. Preview it before your window runs out.
-Ken

Dish is VERY rigid when it comes to these charges. Every customer is considered a thief, not a customer, unfortunately.
Dish did this to me once, and I told them to set my PPV credit limit to $0, which they did in about 10 secs. Now nobody, not me, not my neighbors, nor my kids, nor buggy software, can start charging me for PPV. ;)

I used to do this all the time and never had issues. Just set a timer for the program after you order it. Now I rarely do it as I just use the VOD channels since they have basically everything on them as well and I can start it when I want to actually watch.

So when will EHD archiving actually happen if ever?! Any ideas?!

Was'nt NBATV part of Absolute?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts