Traxis 3500 setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NewtoKU

Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Just bought the Traxis DBS 3500 with Winegard DS2076 & TRACKER Digital KU Band Single LNBF (L.O. 9.75 & 10.60 GHZ). Can someone help me with the initial receiver setup for Telstar 5?
Any help is much appreciated in advance!
NewToKU

split off of a review.

well, I'd love to give you the angles to aim the dish at for IA5 but since I am not nostradomos I can't tell where you are located :)
(everybody's angles are different)

IceBerg, My sip code is 06418. I know my angles to aim the dish to. My questions has to do with the initial setup of Traxis DBS 3500 & LVBF. Antenna Setup.

Read the manual that came with your receiver thoroughly.
Only then would I recommend that a novice go through step by step and set up the receiver. It's one of the best receivers that I have ever used....but you can only learn all of its features and operating quirks through playing with it. While doing this, you will no doubt come upon some "hidden" features not readily noticable to the casual user. If you rush in to programming this unit without getting your toes wet first, you will likely become very frustrated. Patience and strict attention to detail are the keys to a successful installation.

I read all the manual. I am familiar with the steps. I really need help with the values to enter in order to setup the receiver to receive signal....

NewtoKU said:
I read all the manual. I am familiar with the steps. I really need help with the values to enter in order to setup the receiver to receive signal....

You have the numbers for the LOF's , you will need that .

With a motor ? You will need your longitude and latatude .

No switches ?

Wyr

The tracker is a Universal LNB, so there should be an option to set the LNB up as Universal.

If not, set it for 9750/10600 (this is your LNB LO frequency)

Thank you all. I actually got it to work. What I was missing was the TP information (Index & frequency).
Thanks anyway.

someone please help, I can't get my Traxis DVB-3500 to pass any AC-3 audio through either the coax or optical outputs. Do the AC-3 ports need to be turned on to pass through from some hidden menu somewhere, or will it auto pass if AC-3 is present? I'm trying to pass "The Tube Music" channel's AC-3 audio to my audio receiver and I can't. Thanks, Chad

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Using USALS with SG-2100

New Traxis 3500 / SG2100 Install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)