Traxis 3500 operations question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Das Hammer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Too close to Ohio
I've had this unit for a while and it really impresses me with everything it can do for just a plain ol' box. Blind scan is the best I've used.

The one gripe that I have is with a motorized setup. Say I'm on G10R and want to get over to AMC3. The only way I've found to do this properly is to push "List" on the remote and that brings up the list of channels on the current sat. Then, push left or right on the remote to move to the next sat. Everytime I push left or right though, the motor moves to the next sat. When you've got several sats in between like that, it can take a while. Move, stop. Move, stop. Move, stop.

What I'm looking for is something like, say, a "Sat" button that brings up just a list of all sats. Select the sat, select your channel, and THEN move.

Does that make sense?

I also have a Traxis 3500, it is a great receiver.... what you described is annoying. They only way I have found around it is to input the Channel number and go directly to the Satelite and Channel you want.

Maybe PSB knows away to do it.... or maybe that have come out with a new factory firmware that fixes it.

That's true, that can be done if you have "All Satellites" in the list.

I've even thought about just having it list all of the channels together regardless of which sat they are on, but everytime you page up or down, it wants to tune to the highlighted channel, thus making the motor move again.

I have my Channels in the "All Satellites" list in order from PAS 9 all the way to IA7 so when I change channels the motor is not running back a forth across the arc, grouping the Channels from each Sat together in the "All Satellites" seemed to be the easiest for me.

It will work that way, but I'm always scanning in more channels and deleting some. I can't remember if there is a sort feature built-in. That would make it less painful. How did you sort yours out?

Plus, to make things worse I've added sats because they only give you one sat for each location. Example, I used the provided AMC3 slot for C band, so I had to add another sat for AMC3 Ku due to the different LNB configs. Thew new sat then gets put back at the end of the list.

I noticed the Channel editor crashes after downloading to the STB... just ignore it, it only crashes after it is finshied with what it is doing, so no problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone else not getting montana pbs?

Any thing on AMC-8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)