Traxis 2500 DVB scan question/channels saved

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
I am working with a Traxis 2500 receiver. Every time I scan on a given Sat, say AMC1, I get a set of channels. If I rescan on the same sat I lose what I have before.

What I am doing is scanning in all the H stuff then switching the cable and scanning in all the V stuff.

Any ideas how to keep the channels or should I just get a 4X3 switch and combined the two feeds?

Oh ya I am working with a 12' dish with two lnb's off the feedhorn.

Thanks

Thats weird...it should save the channels you got the first time

If you have 2 lines (V & H), get a 3x4 switch to combine them...or a 2x4 (the 3rd is for an OTA)

It does save them BUT if I rescan the same sat it forgets the ones from the last scan.

I will recommend a 3x4 switch. They have a number of receivers so they may not need it?

Thanks for the quick reply Ice.

Iceberg said:
Thats weird...it should save the channels you got the first time

If you have 2 lines (V & H), get a 3x4 switch to combine them...or a 2x4 (the 3rd is for an OTA)

that is really weird that it does that...all the receivers Ive worked with will store the channels regardless of how many times I scan the satellite.

Unless you can find a 2x2 switch, the 3x4 or 2x4 will work the best...just make sure to cap the unused ports :)

Stumped

I'm not sure I understand your problem, i.e. what you're trying to do. But what about having two different satellites set up to the same specs? You could scan one, then scan the other without affecting the previous satellite setup. Wouldn't that work?

Othea said:
I'm not sure I understand your problem, i.e. what you're trying to do. But what about having two different satellites set up to the same specs? You could scan one, then scan the other without affecting the previous satellite setup. Wouldn't that work?

The Dish the OP is using has 2 outputs..a dedicated vertical and dedicated Horizontal output (not able to change).
He is scanning H and then swapping cables and scanning V. Normally the channels would hold in memory but this one isn't doing that

Anyone with a Traxis test this out for us?

ken2400 said:
I am working with a Traxis 2500 receiver. Every time I scan on a given Sat, say AMC1, I get a set of channels. If I rescan on the same sat I lose what I have before.

What I am doing is scanning in all the H stuff then switching the cable and scanning in all the V stuff.

Thanks

That's a Traxis BUG :mad: , if you scan Horizontal and then scan Vertical, you lost all the channel where the receiver not found signal (Horizontal). If you rescan the complet sat and have Channel A, but in the moment when you rescan the Channel A have not signal, the receiver delet the Channel A automatic. Other problem what the Traxis have is, if you change the freq. or SR they don't LOCK :mad: (not every time), then you must Add a new TP and it LOCK.

Saludos
Hiebert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

A3C audio

Trouble with my new installation Dish 33 inch + SG2100

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)