Transponder

Speedy

Original poster
Apr 14, 2024
Presidio
New receiver VIP211k missing channels, locks on satellite 110, transponder 09, 54 signal strength, sat. 119 trans 09 has 0 signal strength.
I have a vip211z receiver and connect to same wiring and have satellite 110 trans. 17 signal is 59, sat. 119 trans 17 has 54 signal.
Point dish setting i can change to transponder 17 and get strong signal on both 110 and 119 but will not stay there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you get one transponder from a satellite you can get them all to which you are subscribed. Some transponders may read 0 because they may be a spot beam pointed out of your spot on the ground.
Slight variations in signalstrength may be due to wiring or may just be vageries of the receiver itself. As long as you have a picture and sound with no macro blocking or pixellation your signal is good enough.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks, getting good picture and sound but some channels are missing. I'm guessing it's from sat. 119.
Do you think receiver software makes a difference? The vip211z has L906 and the vip211k has L870.

New receiver VIP211k missing channels, locks on satellite 110, transponder 09, 54 signal strength, sat. 119 trans 09 has 0 signal strength.
I have a vip211z receiver and connect to same wiring and have satellite 110 trans. 17 signal is 59, sat. 119 trans 17 has 54 signal.
Point dish setting i can change to transponder 17 and get strong signal on both 110 and 119 but will not stay there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
119 TP 9 is a spotbeam. That spotbeam is only available in
  • Northern California/Western Nevada
  • Colorado/Wyoming/Western Kansas/Western Nebraska
  • Northern Florida/Southern Georgia
  • Eastern Texas, Eastern Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, southern Missouri, and Western Tennessee
  • Great Lakes region
  • Northern Wisconsin/Eastern Minnesota
  • Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire
If you are not in those general areas, you won't get a reading for that specific transponder.

Locals channels and channels 02 to 70. I am in the West Texas, Big Bend area, 79845 zip code. Do you think changing the zip code might trick it to TP 17?
The receivers automatically switch to whatever transponder has the channel you are tuning to.

Locals channels and channels 02 to 70. I am in the West Texas, Big Bend area, 79845 zip code. Do you think changing the zip code might trick it to TP 17?
119 transponder 9 won't reach the 79845 zip code...so if you have locals on that spotbeam you won't receive them.

Yea, that's my problem. I need to figure out how to get TP 17 on sat. 119.
So you are not receiving A&E, History, AMC, MLB Network, Nickelodeon, Nat Geo Wild, Travel Channel, CNN, Weather Channel, Unimas, Showtime Too, BEIN, Tennis Channel, ACC Network, BIG 10 Network, and IPT? Those are the 16 channels on 119, TP 17.

Have you reset the receiver. Sometimes newly activated receivers need to be reset a few times before they show all the 02-70 channels.

I would do a check switch then immediately unplug and plug back in. Once it's done loading check for your locals. If not there unplug and plug bck in again. Repeat until channels are there. It does speed it up if you can get dish to send a hit.

MLB Extra Innings

Hopper Plus video/audio quality