transponder question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mickhayafe

Original poster
May 29, 2005
i am not an installer, first off. i set up my dish after moving and San Fran. LOCAL stations in the EVENINGS will pixelate and later in the evening finally won't be available. "searching for satellite". this problem has gotten worse and worse. when i check my signal on most transponders the signal is 88 to 99, but on some they are more like 33 to 50 on transponders: 4, 12, 20 and transponder: 26 is at 0 strength.

is this something that is part of the problem or am i off base. i have two receivers one RCA and one HUGHES, and it does this on both. i read something about grounding the wire from the dish to the receiver, but i don't know exactly how to do that or if it's part of the problem. (i figure if the locals are the problem, how could a bad ground distinguish between the different channels)

could it be that i have a bad LNB? any suggestions would be welcome

thanks,
mike

Where are you located?
San Francisco locals are, or were, on transponders 12 and 20 of 101, which are spot beams. If you're in the SF area, you should have a strong signal on those transponders, especially if you getting 80's and 90's on all but the spot beam transponders.
Trasponders 4, 12, 18, 20 and 26 are spot beams used for locals and signal level may vary, but should be strong on 12 and 20 in the SF area.

that makes sense, i moved to a location that is outside of the San Fran bay area the San Fernando valley so that must be the problem

thanks
mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Poll for union on cablesux.com

Does LNB brand matter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts