Tracvision L3 locking to 119/110

jglantz78

Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
Baltimore
Good afternoon,

First this site has been incredible in helping me with the L3 dish. I bought this RV from someone who used DirectTV and it would lock to that satellite instantly.

I plugged in my Dish VIP211k receiver and used my laptop to tell the dish to lock to the Echo_119 satellite. The dish wouldn't lock, so I tried Echo_110, and then both. No luck.

I then did the firmware upgrade and it will lock to the 119 satellite right away. But then then it starts looking for the other satellites (110 and 61.5)

From what I have been reading is that I might need to let it search for all the satellites and then do a switch config test and remove the 61.5 from the menu on the receiver. Is that correct?

Or do I need to tell the satellite to ignore the 61.5 satellite??

Thanks
Josh

If you are getting 110/119, 61.5 is not necessary. You might want to look for 129 which is also western arc....

If you are getting 110/119, 61.5 is not necessary. You might want to look for 129 which is also western arc....
Thanks, but how do I get it to stay locked on one of the satellites? Once it sees 110 it starts to look for the other satellites and won't stay locked on it?

It should be remembering positions, so if you change to a channel on 110, it will transverse to the correct position that is in its memory from the initial scan.

It should be remembering positions, so if you change to a channel on 110, it will transverse to the correct position that is in its memory from the initial scan.

Update, I was out using the RV and gave it time to learn the satellites. It never did...I let it go for 30 min

So I hooked up the laptop to it to watch what was going on and it seemed to lock on a satellite and then start the scanning process again. The only thing to note is that I have my Dish box on the same zip code as my house (16801 central PA). I eventually watched the screen long enough that when the satellite locked I quickly jumped up and shut off the dish so it stayed on the satellite. This allowed me to get TV during the day.

At this point I am willing to pay someone to come and fix/adjust what is going on. Is there anyone in the MD area that does this type of work?

Thanks

HWS Moca Question

breaking news sirius escape is coming back to dish network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)