Toshiba RD-XS32SU IR codes needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mflaschen

Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
St Augustine
Hi there,

I'm new today and posting my first question. I have a Toshiba RD-XS32 SU DVD HD Recorder and a DirecTV Satellite box with a sticker on the bottom that says Macrovision. No where in the Toshiba book is the code for that type of box and I need a 3 digit code so I can use the IR blaster to change the channels. If anyone can help, I'd sure appreciate that. Thanks.

I don't believe there are any codes in the DirecTV data base to control a DVD recorder.
Or do you want the Toshiba to control the DirecTV channels?
You're trying to set this up as a DVR, right?

What DirecTV receiver do you have?

What you could do is setup the DirecTV receiver with Auto tune, if it has it.
Then set the DVD recorder to the same time.

Back in the early days, I had a Sony Sat-A2 receiver that could control a Sony VCR to automatically start a recording.

I don't believe there are any codes in the DirecTV data base to control a DVD recorder.

Back in the early days, I had a Sony Sat-A2 receiver that could control a Sony VCR to automatically start a recording.
When you setup the Toshiba recorder, there is a place on the screen in one of their setup pages to enter a 3 digit code for the cable box and they have a page with many manufacturers listed and their 3 digit codes, but none that say DirectTV or Macrovision. I called direct TV and they didn't know.

I want the Toshiba to control the channel change of the directTV box. The sticker on the box says Macrovision. And yes, once it is set up, I will be able to record from the TV to the Toshiba recorder.

I want the Toshiba to control the channel change of the directTV box. The sticker on the box says Macrovision. And yes, once it is set up, I will be able to record from the TV to the Toshiba recorder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Finding satellites

DirecTV in an RV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)