Topfield 3000, 4000 fi's loss of signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gregg Y

Original poster
May 9, 2012
Pekin, IL.
I have a problem I hope someone can help me with...
I have three members of my church congregation that have topfiield receivers --- (2) 3000 and 1 4000 fi. Within the last 3 weeks all three have lost signal.
I have been to all three locations, and my bird-dog shows solid reception on G-19. verified that the LNB and cable are all excellent. Has any one heard of this happening ?? and what can I do about it.....?
Just received a call from another person,,, they said their receiver ( 3000 fi ) made some clicking sounds, the lights blinked and signal disappered....
All of these units have been working flawlessly untill now...
HELP Please

The Topfield's are notorious for failing capacitors in the power supply. If your comfortable with opening up the units, you might test the voltages on the ribbon cable connecting the power supply to the main board. The values are printed beside the connector and should measure within 10% of printed value. Failed capacitors are usually quite obvious with a swollen or split top cap. Replacements are quite inexpensive and fast to replace.

If you need replacement receivers, GloryStar has a great special running right now on the automatic channel updating GEOSATpro DSR200 receivers for only $99 including free shipping.

Thank for your fast response... I will pop the cover on one and check it out...
One of my clients is going to send his in to 3 ABN per their instructions, we will see what happens there.
Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Coolsat 7000 Available

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts