Time of show

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
How come most of my network shows recorded on my 622 end before the show is over yet the very same show recorded on my Comcast box goes to end? Is the time off on the Dish Receiver?

bkushner said:
How come most of my network shows recorded on my 622 end before the show is over yet the very same show recorded on my Comcast box goes to end? Is the time off on the Dish Receiver?

I have noticed that too. I think it's because the networks start their shows now at different times so that you change the channel if you are watching something else. I think you can set the recording times to start earlier or end later when you make a timer for a recording, or set as default for all timers. I am still learning how to use my high def DVR.

Yes, you can add a buffer. I find that 1 minute is adequate. Chopping off the beginning or end of a program is a rare but annoying occurance, so adding a little buffer is recommended.

It may become a problem if you're tieing-up all 3 tuners. I seem to have noticed that if you're recording back-to-back programs on the same channel, the buffer for the end of the first program will default to zero, and the buffer for the beginning of the second program will default to zero. This prevents two tuners being necessary for a two-hour block of time on the same channel, for instance. The two events will still be listed as their respective programs on the DVR recordings list. This is just an observation. I may be wrong, but I don't recall changing my buffers, although I noticed it happened while recording NBC's "Heroes" followed by "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip".

garys said:
Default on dvr is usually 3 minutes past end of event, however if you set several recordings back to back on different channels the earlier program's end time automatically resets to 0 cutting some endings off.

Hmm..I didn't realize it did that for different channels. That would be annoying. I suppose the decision is made in the priority list? If this is done on the same channel, the ending of the earlier program will be at the beginning of the following program.

Dish deliberately screwing my OTA recordings?

splitting uhf signal on dual tuner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)