Status
Not open for further replies.

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
Unless I'm in a time warp, the time stamp for forum posts is off.
It had me logging in at
Welcome back dwarren2
You last visited:
11-24-08 at 4:27 am

The last post before mine says it's 11-21-2008

It is currently 4:32PM EDT 9/1/08

mine shows right. I'm in Central time zone
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.

check your settings in the "user cp" at the top

Does it go off of Windows time on your own PC? It shows right now that the time is 12:15 AM instead of PM.

Does it go off of Windows time on your own PC? It shows right now that the time is 12:15 AM instead of PM.
Go here, http://www.satelliteguys.us/profile.php?do=editoptions, and see what your time zone setting is for. The site's webserver either has it's own NTP server or it looks it up elsewhere so it has a "master" time. It then uses the above setting to adjust it to *your* location. This way it doesn't matter if the server is in California, NY, or somewhere on another continent, "your" time will appear correct.

Ok not sure why someone erased my post but mine shows 07:58pm wich is right other than it has the "0" format wich is normaly only used in the military 24hr format and it didnt do this until recently that I know of. Thinking back to it I believe that it at one point was off on the am/pm or didnt show it.

Go here,xxxx and see what your time zone setting is for. The site's webserver either has it's own NTP server or it looks it up elsewhere so it has a "master" time. It then uses the above setting to adjust it to *your* location. This way it doesn't matter if the server is in California, NY, or somewhere on another continent, "your" time will appear correct.

Well, that was part of the problem. My location was set to an island in the South Pacfic. I'll check when I get home ( at work right now). But what explains the date being so far off. I know my computer clock is accurate.

Well, that was part of the problem. My location was set to an island in the South Pacfic. I'll check when I get home ( at work right now). But what explains the date being so far off. I know my computer clock is accurate.

That was it. Was my settings. Just logged on and the time stamp from my last visit was
Welcome back dwarren2
You last visited:
09-04-08 at 7:43 pm
Log Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Mode not sticking

Can't log into chat room

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)