Thought some might find this humorous...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aristotlewilde

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 19, 2004
dtivo.jpg

The fact that it hasn't been able to make a call for 314 days, or the fact that the picture makes it appear that you're using your TiVo with a pre-80s TV with a really round screen?

:D

-----

The 314 days. Had to get up close for the picture.

But you're right, the 32 inch I have the D*Tivo hooked up to does seem small compared to the 65 inch in "The Playroom".

Here's a real time pic for ya...

fordarin.jpg

The funny part...

You are supposed to make a Daily Call every day. D* and Tivo warn that your system will not work without the call. I guess it's really not that funny, just wanted to share with others that my system has worked fine for nearly a year without a Daily Call (I am strictly cellular).

The INITIAL SETUP CALL was made 315 days ago from a friend's house who has D*Tivo and a phone line.

I really wish Directv and Tivo would release the software so that the USB ports are hot and will allow a wireless USB adapter to be used.

They always warn that if you don't have it plugged in with multiple receivers then they will charge you whatever package you have for every receiver.

Scare tactic, or do they do that?

Normally a DVR will stop working after 31 days of no callback. You may have an older version when this didnt happen, and you are unable to get any upgrade to fix this bug/enable that 'feature' because you dont have a phone line connected ;).

Software updates are over the SATELLITE, not the phone line........

The DirecTV TiVos don't stop woking after 31 days, they just start nagging you. And while I know that a recent update was supposed to allow them to get their software updates via satellite, they had been over phone line. I'm not sure that we've gotten any over satellite yet.

Neutron said:
Software updates are over the SATELLITE, not the phone line........
I think you need to visit tivo forums..tivo still uses phonelines for their updates

Alvarez said:
They always warn that if you don't have it plugged in with multiple receivers then they will charge you whatever package you have for every receiver.

Scare tactic, or do they do that?

noone knows?

Updates...

I believe the updates come over the Satellite w/ D*Tivo.

Alvarez- I have not been charged anything extra for this.

All the previous updates came over the phone line, even on the DirecTiVo. I'm pretty sure this was the case even with the last one, though I know future ones are supposed to be over satellite. But there have been a couple of minor updates recently... it's possible the switch has already been made - I haven't kept up. But I know at least on updates before the beginning of this year, they were via phone line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Is Showtime HD getting a new Chan. #?

I'm looking for a national company to pick up installs from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)