The TiVo-DirecTV Fight Gets Ugly Monday

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Very interesting article- many thanks for posting it. I have always liked TiVo software-it will be interesting to see if D* can design and sell something which is competitive and actually works. As always, the actual rollout of D* hardware almosty never occurs when they originally say it will happen, so subscribers should rely on actually seeing the box or actually being able to order it to be installed if they want to try it (the SD box will actually come out, I think, it's the HD box I'm talking about). For D* white knights, I'm not picking a fight or casting fault, it's just that D*'s hardware releases or other events seldom coincide with original forecasts. Usually, D* will issue a press release far in advance of the event, and then when the original forecast date comes and goes, they'll remain silent, and stay so until the eve of it actually happening. While we wait, we get to watch the rumor mill work overtime.

In the meantime, anyone with TiVo software probably does not feel like they are suffering and it would take a mighty argument to get most TiVo customers to switch, expecially if there was a cost. TiVo works, is a very friendly program, and is infinitely hackable and tweakable. Alas, uninformed new customers in the future will not really have a consumer choice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NHL Center Ice

What's with the PPV channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)