Thanks Bosox, Yanks Clinched 9th Straight East Crown, but will they go to the WS?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Sorry I am kind of late on this one. Yankees Fan here is your chance to say why so you think the Yankees will win it all. :D

Good Chance yanks will go all the way

Think the Yanks will narrowly beat the Mets in another Subway Series. It just seems to me that the Bombers have more desire and drive to succeed in the post season this year, they've overcome injuries and adversities and want to make up for the historic collapse in 04 to Boston...

Damn. Another Red Sox season in the toilet. Burn in hell Yankees :D

Why BLAME the Yanks? Theo did a piss poor job. NO moves on the trading deadline, and IMO letting Damon go - and of all places to the Yanks.

Blame YOUR ownership!

Not blaming the Yankees for the Sox dismal performance. Just pissed the Yanks won another East crown

Sorry Ice, but this year the Yankees are gonna "go - all - the - way". With Matsui and Giambi pinch hitting and Sheffield coming back, even with semi weak pitching, they're gonna take it. Just keep Proctor out of the pressure situations .. .Pleaseeeee!

Iceberg said:
easy...they won't :)

dont24 said:
Not blaming the Yankees for the Sox dismal performance. Just pissed the Yanks won another East crown

I did understand that, but in all honesty (especially this year) - if you are a real fan you have to give the Bombers a lot of credit to have the year they had.

More importantly, it shows that Ortiz does NOT deserve MVP, he isn't even the MVP of the Sox. I think the MVP of Boston is Varitek actually. As soon as he went down - so did the pitching and the whole 'mood' and mindset of the team.

Bottom line - the Yanks won the division, but maybe its truer that the RedSox folded their tents - I would be pissed at them not the NYY.

Since it doesn't look like either BoSox, ChiSox. or Angels will make the postseason, I don't see anyone standing in the Yankees path to the WS.

Yanks set Starting Pitching Rotation:

Game 1: Wang
Game 2: Mussina
Game 3: Johnson

Also, Johnson was pulled out his last start of the season due to back spasm. He is going to pitch Game 3 on a 12 day rest! That may or may not good as you never know what you are going to get from Johnson.

I blame not having a salary cap in baseball.

Steinbrenner will always have the highest payroll because he can.

I like how the NFL and NHL does things nowadays.

Baseball needs a salary cap, NOW.

A salary cap wont do much. What will work in baseball is full fledged revenue sharing. 100% sharing on TV revenue while teams do get to profit on tickets.

NFL on Fox. SAP audio.

Twins Clinched Playoff Spot -- WSox are out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)